Greg Stokes - Ward 4 Council Member and Mayor Pro Tem
About Greg Stokes
Elected by Ward 4 in 2009. Current term ends November, 2017. Greg Stokes is married to Maureen and has three daughters. Two in school in Broomfield and one in college. Stokes has been a resident of Broomfield since 2000.
- MBA - Olin School of Business, Washington University in St. Louis, MO
- BS Industrial Engineering - University of Missouri in Columbia , MO
- Broomfield Land Use Review Commission with three years as chairman
- Board of Directors - Broomfield Community Foundation, President 2009
- Board of Directors and Past President of Broomfield Soccer Club
- Broomfield Sister Cities Committee
- Youth Soccer Coach
- School volunteer
- Recipient of the 2008 Heart of Broomfield Award for Philanthropy
| Philosophy of Local Government
Government should not aspire to be all things to all people, but should do the things it does do extremely well and at the lowest appropriate cost to taxpayers. Elected office should not be a career, but a community involvement opportunity. Local government allows citizens to be closer to decisions and have direct and timely input into decisions affecting their quality of life, their individual rights and their property values. It is important for council members to be involved in the community through schools, city boards and commissions, non-profit organizations and by remaining accessible and visible. By staying active locally, council members will get important community input to help determine how Broomfield will differentiate itself from other communities.
|Mayor Pro Tem Greg Stokes with
U.S.Senator Cory Gardner at the Hwy 36 Coalition Lobbying trip to Washington D.C.