Paul Derda Recreation Center
Bay Aquatic Park
Broomfield County Commons
History of Broomfield
Cultural Affairs Home Page
Weather and Air Quality
Find your Ward on a map
Find your elected officials with your address
City Council Agendas, Minutes and Videos
2013 Council Priorities
Participate in City Council Meetings
Order of a Meeting
Oil and Gas Development
Travel and Training
Boards and Commissions
Mission and Values
City and County Manager
City and County Attorney
Broomfield Sister Cities
Audit: Internal and Performance
City and County Manager
City and County Clerk and Recorder
Community Assistance Center
Environmental Services (Public Works)
Fire Rescue Services
Health and Human Services
Open Space and Trails
Public Health and Environment
Chamber of Commerce
Historic Landmark Board
Broomfield History Videos
Veterans Memorial Museum
Municipal Code - Historic Preservation
Shep the Turnpike Dog's Facebook Page
History of Broomfield
1960 to Present Day
Parks and Facilities
Places to Eat
Places to Play
Places to Shop
Places to Stay
Trash and Recycling
Weather and Air Quality
Apply for a...
Sales Tax License
City and County
Mayor and Council
Events and Activities
Directions to Buildings/Facilities
Read City and County News
Register to Vote
Sign Up for a Recreation Class
Subscribe to City and County Emails
Parcel Property Search
Library Home Page
Books for Babies, Toddlers, and Preschoolers
Early Literacy Kits
Family Place Center
Crafts and Activities
You are here:
More Early Literacy Resources
Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL)
- All children deserve the joy of reading and the skills in life that literacy brings. Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL) is passionately committed to strengthening children's literacy through library services and community advocacy.
- Children get ready to read long before they start Kindergarten. You can help by singing, talking, and playing with the children in your care. Watch our videos to learn fun songs and rhymes, and how they help build readers!
- Colorin Colorado is a free web-based service that provides information, activities and advice for educators and Spanish-speaking families of English language learners (ELLs).
- Reading Rockets is a national multimedia literacy initiative offering information and resources on how young kids learn to read, why so many struggle, and how caring adults can help.
Leading to Reading
- Leading to Reading has games, books, rhymes, songs and activities in English and Spanish for babies, toddlers and preschoolers. Leading to Reading is hosted by the national organization Reading is Fundamental (RIF). RIF encourages children to read by delivering free books and resources to kids and families who need them most.
- Everyday life is a learning experience for children. Born Learning is a public engagement campaign that helps parents, grandparents and caregivers explore ways to turn everyday moments into fun learning opportunities.
Baby Sign Language.com
- BabySignLanguage.com is a project for parents teaching infants and toddlers early communications skills. We believe that early communication sets the foundation for accelerated learning, reduced frustration, and a closer relationship between parent and child. Our website contains baby sign language resources designed around the pedagogical needs of infants and toddlers. In everything we do we take into account the daily challenges confronted by new parents as they attempt to equip their babies with the tools to thrive.
Audio and Video Clips of Rhymes, Songs and Fingerplays at Worthington Libraries
- View dozens of videos to help adults learn fun rhymes, songs and fingerplays to share with children on the Worthington Libraries website.
Johnson County Library 6 by 6
- Johnson County Library has developed the early literacy program 6 by 6. This program emphasizes the six skills parents and caregivers can help children develop before they learn to read, at about the age of 6. Find great tips, book suggestions and activities to do with your children on their library website.
Birth to Six at Hennepin County Public Library
- Birth to Six is an early literacy website for parents, teachers and caregivers of young children created and maintained by Hennepin County librarians. We highlight resources to help children develop into readers. Birth to Six includes book lists of best books for young children selected by Hennepin County Librarians and ELSIE, a searchable database of books that help children develop the early literacy skills necessary for learning success.
Zero to Three
- Zero to Three is a national, nonprofit organization that informs, trains, and supports professionals, policymakers, and parents in their efforts to improve the lives of infants and toddlers. Early experiences set a course for a lifelong process of discovery about ourselves and the world around us. Simply put, early experiences matter.
Fred Rogers Center Early Learning Environment (ELE)
- The Fred Rogers Center Early Learning Environment (Ele) is an innovative online space where early educators, families, and others who care for young children can come together in a safe environment to find and share digital resources that support early learning and development in children from birth to age 5. By focusing on Early Literacy and Digital Media Literacy, the information, media-based activities, and social networking opportunities within Ele are intended to advance learning, healthy child development, and school success.
- The interactive Literacy House shows the many opportunities that are available during the day to support young children's literacy. This online tool takes adults through each room in the house and provides tips for interacting with children to develop important early literacy skills and to promote language development at home.
Words for Life
- Words for Life gives you an idea of what communication milestones your baby and child might reach as they grow. There are ideas for fun activities you can do together to help your children develop their skills. As a parent you can make all the difference to your child's communication skills. Helping your child learn to communicate will help them develop good relationships, do well at school and be confident and happy. You can help your child more than anyone else as you know them best, care about them and want to give them the best start in life.
Center for Early Literacy Learning (CELL)
- The goal of CELL is to promote the adoption and sustained use of evidence-based early literacy learning practices. This site has resources for early childhood intervention practitioners, parents and other caregivers of children, birth to five years of age, with identified disabilities, developmental delays and those at-risk for poor outcomes.
City and County of Broomfield
One DesCombes Drive
Broomfield, CO 80020
A to Z Index
Powered by CivicPlus