About Broomfield - Location, History and DemographicsGovernment - City and County ServicesCommunity - Resident ResourcesHow Do I? - Find it FastA to Z - Service Listing
Click to Home

Go To Search
Change of Location
RE: Change of Location

Listed below you will find information and forms regarding a Change of Location for a Liquor License.  These forms specify additional documents that need to be included with the application. In addition, Broomfield requires that a Control Plan be submitted with the application. The Plan should identify how alcohol will be controlled on the premises, including but not limited to information regarding locked alcohol storage, signage, and training of employees.

1. Report of Changes Application - DR8442
2. Fee Schedule
3. Broomfield Municipal Code - Chapter 5-28 or Chapter 5-32

License Fees for Change of Location:

    Application fee                                      $150.00

    Application Fee                                     $500.00

All applicants must contact the Building and Planning Departments for any information regarding the location of the licensed premises for zoning, restrictions, etc., and all food service applicants must also contact the Health Department for food service requirements. For questions regarding the planning process please call 303-438-6284. Building Department questions can be found at 303-438-6370. For food service requirements, please call the Health Department at 720-887-2200.

The Broomfield Local Licensing Authority (LLA) meets the first Wednesday of every month. Completed packets from applicants are due on Monday three weeks prior to the meeting. (See the chart on page 2 for specific dates.) Page 3, Section 7 of the Permit Application & Report of Changes Application requires that a deed or lease establishing possession and a detailed diagram of the premises be provided. The deed or lease needs to be in the name of the Licensee. The diagram must indicate where alcohol beverages will be stored, served, possessed or consumed and, for hotel and restaurant licensees, the kitchen area must be designated. After receipt of the application and upon Staff review of its completeness, a date will be set to present the application before the LLA. At that time, the Authority will note receipt of the application, establish the neighborhood boundaries, and set a date and time for the public hearing regarding this application. The premises will need to be posted by the applicant with a public hearing notice provided by the City Clerk. Petitioning cannot be done until the premise has been posted for 48 hours and the timing begins after photos of the posted notice are submitted to the City Clerk. The public hearing will be held on the predetermined date, where the applicant will make a presentation regarding the needs and desires of the neighborhood. After the presentation, the LLA will make a decision to approve or deny the application for a Change of Location for license. If approved, the application is then sent to the State Liquor Division for its approval.

 Application Due Date  LLA Meeting Date        Application Due Date   LLA Meeting Date
 December 16, 2013  January 8, 2014        June 9, 2014  July 2, 2014
 January 13, 2014  February 5, 2014        July 14, 2014  August 6, 2014
 February 10, 2014  March 5, 2014        August 11, 2014  September 3, 2014
 March 10, 2014  April 2, 2014        September 8, 2014  October 1, 2014
 April 14, 2014  May 7, 2014        October 13, 2014  November 5, 2014
 May 12, 2014  June 4, 2014        November 10, 2014  December 3, 2014

It would be to your advantage to have local representation to follow the process of obtaining a liquor license. If you have any questions on the process, or need further information regarding a new Liquor License, please email or call 303-438-6332 and ask for Tricia or Judy.  The Colorado Liquor Enforcement Division phone number is 303-205-2300. State of Colorado, Department of Revenue Liquor and Beer Code and Regulations Books are available for purchase by contacting State Central Stores at 303-321-4161. You can also contact the State’s Liquor Division on the State’s web site at www.colorado.gov/revenue/liquor.