Emission Extension

Emission extension is only for vehicles that are temporarily out of state at the time of renewal.

To obtain an emission extension provide the following:
  • Completed emission extension form DR2376
  • Copy of current insurance
  • Renewal card if available
  • Contact number
  • Check or money order
  • If emission test is required in the out of state county where the vehicle is located then you must submit the passing emission test with your application.
  • If the out of state county the vehicle is located in does not require an emission test then you must submit a vin verification DR2698 completed by law enforcement only and submit with your application.