Active Adults Trips
For information or to register:Visit B-REx.com
Active Adult Trip & Activity Policies
- Pre-registration is required for all classes and trips.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- All classes and trips are subject to cancellation if minimum enrollment is not met.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time.
- All arrival times on trips are approximate. We will make every effort to depart and arrive in a timely manner.
- No smoking on vans or buses.
- We encourage you to utilize the waitlist process whenever possible. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted if spots become available and given first priority to added classes or trips.
- An exertion chart has been established based on the physical intensity of the trip. Exertion numbers are listed next to each trip.
- Registrations must be completed by the participating member. Trips are not transferrable.
- Door-to-door transportation is available to those who cannot drive themselves. Space is limited so please make your transportation arrangements at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip. Contact the senior office for transportation availability at 303-464-5526. Door-to-door transportation is available to Broomfield residents only for an additional fee of $2.50 each way.
Refund Policy on Trips and Activities
- If the class or trip is cancelled by the Recreation Department, a full credit will be automatically applied to your account. If you would prefer a full refund please indicate your wishes when you are contacted regarding the cancellation.
- Administrative fees of $10 will be assessed on any cancellation initiated by the participant before the deadline date.
- Cancellations initiated after the deadline will not receive a refund, unless the space can be filled with another participant.
For Accommodations, please contact Kim at 303-464-5536
- Individuals who need an assistant (i.e. someone to push the wheelchair) must provide one at the time of registration to ensure trip availability. Trip fees will apply to the assistant as well.
- Requests for Easy Ride Transportation must be made at the time of registration or a minimum of three days prior to the class or trip.
- For individuals using motorized mobility devices, such as scooters, please note the vehicle lift capacity is 800 pounds. We are aware that the weight of mobility devices can vary, so please be familiar with the weight of your mobility device when registering for trips that require transportation. Should the combined weight of the participant and mobility device exceed 800 pounds, transportation can still be provided if the participant is able to independently transfer from the mobility device to a wheelchair. The mobility device will be loaded onto the vehicle first and then the participant.
- For information and questions on any special accommodations, please contact Kim Hollingsworth at 303-464-5536.